Effective Date: January 1, 2020
If you are a California resident, please click here for additional privacy disclosures.
Information Collected Through Our Website
We collect information from you at various points on our website. We are the sole owner of the information collected on our website, and will not sell or rent this information to others. We will only share this information with our affiliates, marketing partners, and other vendors contracted to do business on our behalf.
We collect and use two types of information on our website:personal information you directly provide us, and information you indirectly provide us from cookies and log files.
Personal Information You Provide. You may choose to volunteer personal information in order for us to provide you with services and/or information requests.If you choose to complete certain forms or send us requests, you may be asked to provide certain items of information, including: full name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address, driver’s license number, VIN number, license plate number, insurance policy number, and vehicle photographs.We only have access to collect information that you voluntarily give us via email, our website, or other direct contact from you.
Cookies & Log Files. Our website automatically records website usage information that we may analyze statistically to track operational problems, to prevent fraud and to improve the effectiveness, security and integrity of our website.We may use third party providers to collect and record data on the use and performance of our website during your visit (“Usage Data”), which may include without limitation the pages you view, the search terms you enter, your IP address, and personal information that you submit through the website. Usage Data may be collected by us or our third-party provider through “cookies”, log files and other technology.We use this information to administer our website and to improve the services we provide to you. We may also share Usage Data in an aggregate statistic format with a third party; such statistics would not include personal information. We also may use analytic software (including third-party software) to track and analyze user behavior on an aggregated and anonymized basis. We do not rent, sell, or trade Usage Data outside of Caliber.
Caliber itself also maintains standard web logs that record data about all visitors to our websites. These logs may contain:
- The Internet domain from which you access the website.
- Your IP address (Your computer is automatically assigned an IP address when you surf the Internet. Your IP address is either static or dynamic. A static IP address may be identifiable to you; a dynamic address is usually not identifiable to you.)
- The type of browser and operating system you use.
- The date and time you visited the website.
- The pages you viewed on the website.
- The address of the website from which you linked.
We use web log and clickstream information to help us design our site, to identify popular site features and to make the site more useful for visitors. Web logs are recorded in sequential files, and we normally do not attempt to identify individuals from these logs. However, we may use web logs to identify persons attempting to break into, disrupt, or damage our site. We may share web log information with law enforcement personnel if we believe evidence exists, or is likely to occur, of a violation of federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Information Collected Through Our Services
In addition to information collected on our website, we may collect information about you and your vehicle in several different ways, including from what you provide to us when you service your vehicle with us; from calls, emails or other communications between us or our service providers; and from the vehicle itself (e.g., VIN, vehicle system data such as diagnostic codes, and other data to assist in identifying and analyzing vehicle performance).
We make no active effort to collect personal information from children under the age of 18 and do not wish to receive any such information.If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any personal information through the website.If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under the age of 18, please contact us immediately.
Use & Sharing of Information
We may, subject to applicable law, use any of the information we collect from you, and provide such information to third-party service providers, to emergency contacts provided by you, or law enforcement or other governmental entities, to:
- provide certain services to you or your vehicle;
- perform an analysis of service usage;
- communicate with you about your transaction;
- analyze aggregated data gathered from other vehicle owners in order to be able to determine aggregate service usage;
- evaluate and improve service quality;
- prevent fraud or misuse in connection with your transaction;
- comply with the law and any and all legal requirements, including valid court orders, investigations and subpoenas;
- protect the rights, property, or safety of you or others;
- offer you new or additional products or services;
- perform market research;
- process the information collected.
We may also use your information to share with our affiliates for joint marketing initiatives, subject to applicable law or your consent where required. We will not share personal information with any other marketers for their own use without your express consent.
We may use your information for any purpose or share it with any third party if we anonymize the information so that it no longer reasonably identifies you or your vehicle. Anonymization requires altering your information, so re-identification requires use of only non-public sources. Wherever possible, we require third party service provider use of the information to be anonymized or protected in accordance with our information security policies. We limit who we share your information with and the legitimate business purposes for which it can be used.
We may keep the information we collect until we no longer need the information to provide services to you or complete our transaction with you, to enable us to communicate with you about our service, for our research, evaluation of use, or troubleshooting purposes, for our analysis to improve quality of our services, or to satisfy our legal or contractual obligations.
Safeguarding Your Information
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure.We have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures and information security policies in place to safeguard your information from loss, misuse, or alteration. We limit access to personal information to individuals who have a business need consistent with the reason the information was provided. Wherever possible, we require our third-party service providers to protect your information in accordance with our information security policies.
We use no encryption (data scrambling) on certain portions of the site, but use encryption on portions where you are transmitting sensitive information as described above. When you are on any web site that asks you for confidential information, you should check to see if the information being transmitted is encrypted in order to increase the security of your information. Keep in mind that there is no such thing as perfect security.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also have processes and procedures designed to protect your information offline. Our policy is to grant access to only those employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service). The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in an environment that uses various administrative, physical, and technical security measures.
Your Rights & Choices Over Your Information
You have certain choices about the information we collect, use or share.To exercise any of your rights described below, please email us or send us a letter at any time at the address provided at the end of this notice (see “Contact Us”).
- You may choose not to receive marketing communications from Caliber.Please note that even if you choose not to receive marketing communications from us, you still may receive communications regarding recalls and service campaigns, the status of your Caliber service or any other service-related issues and updates.(If you would like to have your email address removed from our marketing list, you can, as an alternative to calling or mailing us, click the “unsubscribe” link included in our email message to you.)
- You may see what data we have about you, if any.
- You may change or correct any data we have about you.
- You may instruct us to delete any data we have about you that is not required for the purposes described in this notice.
- You may express any concern you have about our use of your data.
- You may opt out of marketing communications at any time.
For further information, or to exercise any rights described herein, please contact us at:
2941 Lake Vista Drive
Lewisville, TX 75067